Wednesday 5 January 2011

W.I.P. Wednesday - Christmas Crochet Projects

Time now to reveal all those Work In Progresses that I was wanting to share throughout December but couldn't because some of them were gifts, and some of the gift recipients read my blog!

Remember Alasdair's cute little Owl hat? Straight after I had made that I made a different one for David. I just didn't get a chance to photograph it properly before now (and it still isn't photographed properly because that boy just doesn't sit still!)

If he had sat still long enough you would be able to tell that it is a Raccoon hat.


Then, after making these two hats I was on a bit of a roll and made a third type for my youngest nephew's birthday. He turned three on Christmas day, see a couple of posts below. 

Here he is in his froggy hat.



Next in line for an earflap hat was my husband's sister, who loves the outdoors.



Back in November I showed the colour of wool I was using for one of my mum's presents.

I was making a neckwarmer with a corsage brooch to hold it closed. My granny has been admiring it so much that I have promised to make her one for her birthday, which is at the end of this month.




OK, everyone still with me? Just a couple more things.


I made this hot-water bottle cover for my brother's wife. 



Lastly, and most certainly not leastly, my TOP SECRET project for the boys. 


With all the other projects I was working on, I didn't get the full set of Star Wars figures made, but I did make them one each and the rest can be added on at leisure.

I wrapped them up individually and made them from Alasdair to each of his older brothers.

Darth is still waiting for me to buy some felt for a cape!


Gaelic word of the day:
deiseil (jay-shall) - finished



5 comments:

  1. Woo weee!! Great work! You've been working hard, they all look fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am sooo impressed! No wonder your granny is admiring the gift you made for your mum. That is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You did a beautiful job! I'm sure the boys were just thrilled about their Star Wars characters. Sooo cute!! The frog and raccoon hats are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you come up with the Star Wars crochet patterns yourself? I'd love to get them from you! My son would be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.