Thursday 1 November 2012

Recipe of the Week - Gingerbread Pancakes (Gluten & Dairy free)



I wonder how many blog posts now begin with the words, 'I saw this recipe/craft project on Pinterest.....'?

Quite a few, I would imagine.

Anyway, I came across a recipe on Pinterest for Gingerbread Pancakes. Rather than making the recipe that was there though, I took it as my inspiration and adapted my own gluten & dairy free pancake recipe.

I'm pleased to say that it was a big hit with everyone in our house and so I though it only fair to share the recipe!

Maple syrup is optional, but we certainly can't eat breakfast pancakes without it, although you can just see a tin of Golden Syrup in the background. That's James' preference.





For the pancakes you will need:

400ml soya milk
2 eggs
2oz brown sugar
8oz Doves farm gluten free self rasing flour
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp mixed spice
1tsp ground ginger
1tbsp vegetable oil

~ Put your griddle or large non-stick frying pan on to heat while you get started on the mixture. That way, it will be nice and hot when you are finished mixing.
~Whisk the eggs and milk together in large bowl, preferably a big batter jug with a pouring lip. Just do all the mixing by hand. No need for a fancy mixer!
~Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until you have a smooth, pourable batter.
~Pour dollops onto your griddle/pan and cook for a couple of minutes before turning over and cooking the other side, again for a couple of minutes.
~Keep the cooked pancakes warm under a clean tea towel while you make the rest of the batch.
~Serve with syrup and maybe a few sliced bananas too.


OK, so they look just like normal pancakes but they taste like a cosy autumn morning.



2 comments:

  1. Yummy-yummy! Gingerbread pancakes are one of our family's most "special" breakfasts. We eat them with a butter-lemon sauce, but I'm sure the maple syrup tasted fab, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AWESOME, I will be pinning these as I love the taste of ginger anything and especially cos they're GF too! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.