Monday 16 September 2013

Better late than never!

No, not a blog post!

 

Last Wednesday was my birthday. Now that you know when it is, you can't very well forget! In our house September 11th isn't associated with the terrors that the rest of the western world associate it with. In fact, not only is it my birthday but it's also my father in law's birthday too!

 

Anyway, Wednesday was a busy day, with Alasdair and I out of the house all day until we collected the other boys from school. Wednesday after school is also when I teach piano and so from the time we get home from the school run until dinner time I'm busy with that. To top it off, my beloved was away with work so there wasn't really much chance for me to chill out!

 

I did, however, get some lovely homemade birthday cards.

 

 
 

 

 
Calum wanted to bake me a birthday cake, but he also wanted to wait until daddy was here to have it with us, and since he was away every night until Saturday then that's when we had to wait until to have it.
 
It was worth waiting for though.
 
He used my Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake recipe, which you can find in my very first ever blog post here.
 
He piped the writing on top and James added a few decorative flourishes too.
 
It really was as good as it looks!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Kirsteen!!! I am sorry you weren't able to get much of a rest in on your special day. I would have loved to have been around and made you a special dinner :) But your boys are pretty amazing, that cake looks DELICIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.